For more than hundred years, Showa Denko Carbon Division (SDK) has been making high-quality graphite electrodes for use in electric arc furnaces (EAFs), ladle furnaces (LFs) and non-ferrous smelting applications. Steel remains the most recycled material in the world and SDK continues to play a crucial role in the life cycle of this environmental frontrunner.
SDK’s acquisition of SGL Carbon’s graphite electrode business (completed in 2017), enabled it to become a true global leader in the electrode industry. As a combined company, SDK has executed its integration around the following key principles:
- Being a good corporate citizen and strong advocate for our society, our colleagues and our customers.
- Focusing on safety, quality and reliability.
- Valuing our partnerships by conducting business in a professional and prudent matter, while maintaining a long-term view of our industry.
- Supporting our customers’ efficiency and growth with best-in-class electrode quality, product optimization and technical services.
- Capitalizing on the existing synergies between the two entities – Showa Denko Carbon’s world-class processing technology and SGL Carbon’s industry-leading production efficiency.
- Ensuring the highest quality standards and reliability of supply with modern, strategically-located production facilities around the world.
- Reinvesting in our people, our plants, our customers, and our industry.